Saturday, September 5, 2009

ALL THAT IS GOLD DOES NOT GLITTER...

art by Daniel Merriam

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reaches by the frost,
From ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring,
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

John Ronald Reuel Tolken

4 comments:

Unknown said...

When I saw this picture in my dashboard it drew me in and wrapped me up! What a fabulous fantastical piece of artwork:)

I love the Poem also.
XXX
Becky

JANN said...

I liked the poem also Deann. YOU always find something clever for us to check out. I bet your having a fab day spending it with your beautiful family. And I don't blame you, if your eating something yummy, can you save me some ???
Always appreciate your loving friendship-
hugs forever.......

Nina said...

Oh to take up my house and travel to the stars. What a wonderful painting. It brings such imagination and the poem... simply put, lovely! Blessings to you my blog friend. Love and Light, Nina P.

Beth Niquette said...

What a lovely poem. I'd never heard it before, SissyDea.

Tomorrow the sun will shine. "Count it all joy," reads the Scripture, "when walking through various trials..."

Light in darkness, joy in the midst of confusion and pain.

Thank you for being such an encouragement to me and to our SissyCee. ((hugs))