wonderful art by Scott GustefsonLife in the nineteenth century fascinates me. However the thought of having to endure it would send me screaming into the woods. Corsets, hoop skirts, petticoats and fans might be someones idea of wonderful...but not mine, and the ridged rules and restrictions on women...Oy, I would have been known as a first class hoyden, men's breeches, bare feet & ankles and all...George Sand is my hero.
Still, I love to read about it. Dickens, Austin, Bronte, Sand...Kleypas, Woodwiss, McNaught, Quinn...give me a historical romance and a lazy afternoon and I am in heaven.
Though when I think about it, it seems funny that my mind has settled a fascination on one particular time period over another, even though I wouldn't want live then. Egads...Maybe I was George Sand in a previous life. LOL
1 comment:
Ah, romance! We be so alike, dear SissyDea. I'll be gone 'til Saturday night.
Love you much.
Post a Comment