Tuesday, November 3, 2009

FULL MOON WARNING...



Full Moon Warning
~
Sitting in the darkness howling
he reached through the window
tapped me on the shoulder.
Sorry moon,
I said,
No light of your own
borrow from someone else.
He beamed a knowing grin
through the huge hole he poked in the sky.
Miserable moon,
I said,
setting all to glow, Illuminating nothing.
He kept on smiling down
smiling like a lover
Devil moon,
I said,
Distant cold hearted fickle orb
here one night and gone the next.
Rising a little,
he sent a bright finger rippling across the water
beckoning he drew me like the tide
into the darkness
to dance in the glow of his ambient light.
Hateful moon,
I said,
you know you make me crazy.
DSW 09

4 comments:

Nina said...

Beautiful poem for that amazing ol full moon, calling in the dark. Whispering to you... come and play... What fun it is to go out and dance in the full moon light. I took some amazing photo's tonight. I'll have to post them. Well I must go, full moon is calling... Love and Light, Nina P

Anonymous said...

Hi Grannie Annie, I added you to my blog list so other readers can find your beautiful blog. I don't think it is this one?.Please let me know which one?..
You music is wonderful as I see, we have much the same taste.. However I helped myself to some of yours as well! Thank you my friend Grannie! Hugs, Darlene xo

JANN said...

GLAD TO SEE YOU MADE IT THROUGH HALLOWEEN SAFELY. LOVE THE POEM HERE, YOU ALWAYS FIND THE BEST WORDS. HOPE YOU CAN COME OVER TO SWEET PINK
OCEAN BLUE, I CHANGED IT UP ABIT. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S ALREADY NOVEMBER? CHRISTMAS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER....ANYWHO, JUST SO THANKFUL FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP :)

Beth Niquette said...

How beautiful, Sissy. Did you write this? I love this post. The picture and poetry touch me with their magic.