Here is the collage I finished today it's called Audie's Treasure...I think I like it the best because it has more details and I like the colors better. I remember when Grandma showed me this photo the first time she told how she had loved that watch and had insisted on tying it to her blouse to have her picture taken. The broach is a picture of her mother who she loved dearly. I mentioned before her love of roses...she also enjoyed music and taught herself to play several instruments. The lace is for her love of crafts and her ability to create things to beautify her home. The sprig of green leaves is peppermint...as peppermint tea was her cure all for any ailment. The butterfly represents her deep faith in God and her gifts of the spirit. Grandma never had much in her life but she was blessed with wisdom and talents that she used and expanded on and a singular trust in God that saw her through many trials...these were her treasures.
3 comments:
Wow, she was a treasure indeed - and your tribute collage is a treasure that she would have loved!
I hope your day is going well, Deann.
I haven't been able to be online much as I have had car issues, but all is better now and I'm trying to catch up!
Love you!
A very beautiful collage full of expressive imagery and wonderful color. I just discovered your lovely blog and look forward to visiting again!
Hello :-), I come from Lori Sauls place over to a visit to the "painted garden" - and I must say, this is also a very great place!!!
I love your newest collage "Audies treasure" - it is a great work! Very inspired! Memories of the past, but also the love to your grandma and a lot other things of your life too - you did a great job on this collage! And I love it very much!
I am sure, I couldn't do such a wonderful thing like you! You are very talented!!!
I have bookmarked your blog now too and I would like to visit your place from time to time also, because, I think, its a very nice place to stay for a while and forget the time ... and the sorrow too - and I would like to say thank you very much!
Have a wonderful day and a great weekend too,
warmest greetings from Germany,
Katrin
Post a Comment