Michael Parks one of my favorite artists in the Imaginary Realism category. His beautiful washed colors and combination of subjects both real and imaginary is always intriguing.
I am excited and amazed! Recently when wandering through town I saw a framed picture print in a charity shop window. I fell in love with it instantly, brought it home and hung it. There was no name on it, and nothing to indicate who the artist was. When stumbling upon your blog here, through a link on another site (Beth's I think, lol) I saw your picture here and thought...hmmmm, that style looks very much like the style of the pic I bought at the shop. I googled the name of the artist Michael Parks and found that sure enough, the print that I bought at the shop is of one of his pieces. Sometimes it is a small world, even on the internet, lol. Im happy to now know who the artist is, and can see that I love many of his others as well. Thanks!
4 comments:
micael parks truly is an amazing artist!
I adore the smooth soft style of this surreal artist pieces. Thank you for introducing us to so many wonderful artists. I feel inspired.
I am excited and amazed! Recently when wandering through town I saw a framed picture print in a charity shop window. I fell in love with it instantly, brought it home and hung it. There was no name on it, and nothing to indicate who the artist was. When stumbling upon your blog here, through a link on another site (Beth's I think, lol) I saw your picture here and thought...hmmmm, that style looks very much like the style of the pic I bought at the shop. I googled the name of the artist Michael Parks and found that sure enough, the print that I bought at the shop is of one of his pieces. Sometimes it is a small world, even on the internet, lol. Im happy to now know who the artist is, and can see that I love many of his others as well. Thanks!
These are stunning!!
Post a Comment