Sunday, May 10, 2009

THE NAME YOUR BLISS CHALLENGE

The gauntlet was thrown down and a challenge was given...
Name your bliss …..Search your heart and then…..Paint, paste, photograph, create, or compose your personal masterpiece in the medium of your choice….said masterpiece to be entitled “MY BLISS” and indeed reflective of that subject.
The following brave souls took up the challenge and named their bliss for all the world to see...
...................
CLYTIE'S BLISS


What could possibly be more blissful than kicking back outside on a warm sunny day with a favorite book and a bar of chocolate?

Enjoy more of Clyties wonderful photos on Random Hearts and also Random Stuff.




JANN'S BLISS



“Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” Eleanor Roosevelt

MY BLISS IS CHIQUITA. MY SWEET TEENY TINY TEA-CUP CHIHUAHUA. SHE HAS BROUGHT ME SO MUCH JOY. I LOVE TAKING CARE OF HER AND HOPE YOU ENJOY VIEWING WHAT BRINGS ME SUCH HAPPINESS.

Check out Jann's beautiful Altered Art, pictures and wonderful posts at Forever Jann & 13 Thorny Roses




BETH'S BLISS
Here is my most recent cloud painting. I was so inspired by the spirited challenge from Painted Garden, that I finished this cloud painting lickitysplit, and since it's been done, I've been chomping at the bit, to post it! Here you see the cloud which portrays My Bliss. If you look closely, there is a faery hidden nearby. You may have to click on the drawing to see....Below is the original cloud which caught my fancy. I took this picture of a stormy sky out over our back fence. Since then the trees have unfurled all their leaves, and it does not look the same.

Don't miss Beth's extraordinary Cloud Art, Photography and Artwork at Beth Niquette Fine Art & Expect the Unexpected.





BECKY'S BLISS


My bliss the place I can find peace and tranquility, A sense of humor, Laughter, Pain, Beauty, Love all rolled up into one.......I find my bliss in so many things but one that I cherish is Creating Artwork. I love how something black and white can hold so many textures and sing to me! I add color or not, I see in my minds eye what I would like to create and then I am taken away on a Creative Journey. Sometimes it turns out just as I envisioned but other times it takes on a whole different entity altogether.

I love black and white artwork and thought you might enjoy a couple of beautiful pieces I own. The first is an ink on Mat board by my beautiful Daughter Leslie. She has a gift a beautiful talent. She made this drawing (This is only a portion of it) when she was in college. It is a collage of things she knew I loved. It is 16X24 and framed in my living room. I chose to show you this portion because it is of an Old Butter Churn that I painted Grapes on. It belonged to my Great Grandmother Cronk and I cherish it. Leslie also threw in a bit of Nature which I also love.


The next picture is one my son Sean bought for me at an Arts Festival here in Oklahoma. He was 8 when he purchased this for $3.00 he saved his allowance and used it on me! What a treasure this has been. I can not give you the name of the artist because when I had the piece framed it covered it up. At the arts festival they set up a tent where the artists allow children under the age of 12 to purchase prints they sign of the pieces they create they date them and talk with the children about artwork. Instilling in them a love for all kinds of art. Sean had this signed to the Mom I love from your son Sean.My son Sean has become a welder. He uses that medium to make artwork his latest usable piece is a cooker which I will post when it comes home. He has made it look like the atom bomb. (Such a guy thing!) Sean draws a bit and does beautiful pastel chalk pieces.
I have gotten off the subject! I love this picture because it shows the beauty of life unrolling in a symphony of Joy. The beauty all around us each day. A divine and delicate dance of life.To all I hope you find your Bliss and Embrace it! Enjoy it! Let your heart sing it's own Symphony of life!


XXX TO ALL Becky

See more, more, more of Becky's gorgeous Altered Art at Whymsical Musings



DEANN'S BLISS

My bliss is bringing ideas, objects, picture, colors and characters together adding a little love and arranging them all in a manner that is hopefully pleasing to the eye and the mind. I love the whimsical and the profound and seek to combined the two into a kind of thought provoking fun.
This piece is called “Time in a Bottle” it is a new medium that I plan on exploring for awhile. Thank you my friends for letting me indulge my fantasy, I hope I make you smile once in a while.



"If you follow your bliss, doors will open for you that would not have opened for anyone else." Joseph Campbell

5 comments:

JANN said...

Dear Deann
this is so wonderful of you and such fun. I have so enjoyed viewing everyone's bliss and the happiness it brings into our lives - whatever form it comes in. I love your art piece, TIME IN A BOTTLE . Everyone's art and photo's were just great. Thank you sweetie for being the SWEETHEART that you are.
I hope your Moma's Day was as special as you are!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

WOW, Deann, I am so impressed with the talent of your bloging friends. I love your blog . . . it brings me so much joy!

And, your Time in a Bottle clock is fantastic!
~Becky

Beth Niquette said...

My dear Sis, how wonderful! What a marvelous idea--My Bliss! I am just floored by all my wonderfully talented artist sisters out there.

And YOU--WOW! I LOVE what you did with that slice of tree--what you've done is just beautiful! How perfectly creative. ((hugs))

Thank you for everything, Darling Sis.

Unknown said...

Deann I hope your follow your bliss to the ends of the earth! What a lovely challenge the piece you made brings such a smile to my lips. I love it!

Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes they are truly felt and appreciated.
XXXOOO
Becky

Clytie said...

I absolutely adore your time in a bottle! My goodness I am surrounded by amazing talent! Thank you for encouraging us to seek our bliss!