I think contemplating your dead kin conjures up many a bazaar thought, I wondered if my Dad was annoyed that I "wasted" money on a pot of mums for him when he would have much rather had some homemade peanut brittle. How strange it is that one day a year we all run to the cemetery and plunk down a fortune in flowers to remember those who have gone before. I wonder how many people do it because the really want to or because they think the dead are somewhere watching and keeping score. And am I really doing this for him or me.?..?..and if it's for him I really ought to leave him something he'd like, maybe next year I will leave him a plate of peanut brittle.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
GRAVE THOUGHTS...
I think contemplating your dead kin conjures up many a bazaar thought, I wondered if my Dad was annoyed that I "wasted" money on a pot of mums for him when he would have much rather had some homemade peanut brittle. How strange it is that one day a year we all run to the cemetery and plunk down a fortune in flowers to remember those who have gone before. I wonder how many people do it because the really want to or because they think the dead are somewhere watching and keeping score. And am I really doing this for him or me.?..?..and if it's for him I really ought to leave him something he'd like, maybe next year I will leave him a plate of peanut brittle.
5 comments:
I absolutely love the homemade peanut brittle idea! Because the time spent making the treat is time you get to spend with your dad.
Love your post here.
I think your Dad would appreciate you taking time to visit him and your loving gesture bringing the flowers. Thanks for reminding me to go visit my parents graves.
I'm with Clytie--I love the idea of peanut brittle! Especially home-made. Except I'd probably sit there and share it with him. I like it too much.
((hugs)) I'm thinking of you this weekend, dear sis.
We also took our token mums to our family members. I like to think they were looking down and appreciated the gesture. I think about them often but, you are right about only visiting their graves once a year. It seems so commercial. It makes me want to visit on other days as well. Maybe a birthday. I will definately give that some thought. Hope things are going well for you and your mother. I know it is still hard. Boyd and I are thinking of you!
Great blog. very creative
nita
storiesfromstregga.blogspot.com
letstalkreiki.blogspot.com
Post a Comment