Saturday, October 17, 2009

PROOF OF MY INSANITY...


About a year or so ago I fell in love...right in the lighting aisle at Lowes. It was love at first sight with a Shoe Chandelier...just because it made me smile...and because it inspired me. Every time I went to Lowes (which is a lot) I would visit my shoe chandelier shake my head and say...YOU'RE NUTS. Well friends the temptation to see it everyday and make it what I wanted, was too much and I brought it home. When I opened the box it looked about like the top picture. Two days and seven bottles of paint later it is everything I knew it could be...and (bonus) it gives off so much light it is wonderful in my art room. And I don't worry about what people think when they see it because...they pretty much all know I'm crazy anyway.
P.S. Thanks to my dear, sweet, long suffering husband for hanging it up for me.

2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

I adore your wonderful shoe light! I LOVE your artistic colorings--your version is MUCH better than the original. How divine!

By the way, did you know when Grannie Annie is clicked on comments, it comes back as not available?

Anyhow--just wanted you to know how much I absolutely love what you did to that chandelier. I've never seen anything like it--and as I said, I adore what you did with the colors.

It is so whimsical and gorgeous, er, to boot. (grin) Love you, SissyDea

Clytie said...

I adore it! And I agree with Beth - your version is much better!

You are an amazing person, you know. So inspiring!!!