May the curse of Mary Malone and her nine blind illegitimate children chase you so far over the hills of Damnation that the Lord himself can't find you with a telescope.~
The things I love most about the Irish are their wit and humor and their belief in the Fae and magic fancies of life. They are ever a delight to me for I dance to the same wee tunes inside my head...left there I think by my Irish kin.
The things I love most about the Irish are their wit and humor and their belief in the Fae and magic fancies of life. They are ever a delight to me for I dance to the same wee tunes inside my head...left there I think by my Irish kin.
5 comments:
You are Irish, too? But then, I'm not surprised. Tch tch tch--Dad says he is really a Leprechaun. I believe him. (Grin)
I am so glad I found your blog! I absoltely adore this post! I have not read this in years! Brought a big smile to my face!!
That movie came to mind--The Quiet Man--even though this phrase is not in the movie--(it should have been)--I can hear Maureen O'Hara saying it just the same!
How funny this small world is of ours!
Love your art work and plan to come back again to visit when I can stay longer!
God bless your Irish Heart!
SENDING BIG IRISH HUGS TO YOU DEAR FRIEND.
ALWAYS LOVE YOU :) LOVE THE IRISH POEM ALSO.
HAVE A GREAT DAY MY DEAR FRIEND .
AHHH Leave it to the Irish! I can say that as I married an Irish man:) At least on his Dad's side his Mother's family are Scottish! SOOO with my Danish background and all of the wee folk stories I have been raised with our poor children had no chance:)
XXXOOO my dear friend
When I was a little girl and had so much energy I could not keep it down, I would dance to a tune in my head. I would stand and dance for the longest time.
Later on I realized the intricate steps I did with my feet with the rest of me straight and still--was the Irish reel. I can still dance that way--how I knew to dance those steps is anyone's guess.
Perhaps it's just the luck of the Irish?
Post a Comment