I have been reading about the the battle of Waterloo lately and thinking how horrible it is to have someone you love fighting a war far away. It is hard enough having someone in Iraq or Afghanistan...even though you might talk to them everyday. Imagine having a husband, father, son, or other loved one leave for war and not hear from them for weeks or months at a time...not knowing if they are dead or injured and even worse like my distant Grandmother having him not return and never knowing what happened to him.This is a new natural color version of a picture I've done before...I love that beautiful little face. I combined four other pictures with it to get the portrait of a very worried little girl with a letter from her Papa...an English Officer waiting on the battlefield at Waterloo.
1 comment:
I couldn't imagine having a son, husband or father away at war. Sissy Cea's husband was in the first Iraq war. It was SO hard for her, and he came back a changed man.
We have so many in our family tree who fought in wars--every war, actually, since WW1.
((hugs)) This is truly a poignant picture, sweet SissyDea.
Post a Comment