Tuesday, July 14, 2009

LOOKING BACK...


This month I have been finishing up a project that I started along time ago. Actually it isn't really finished as I think it will last me until I go to join my loved ones in the great beyond. However this week I published 52 histories of my Father's ancestors beginning with him and going back to family members who lived in the early 1600's. This book along side the one I already completed for my Mother's family, represents a labor of love, the love and appreciation I have for those brave men and women who came before me and who have left me such a wonderful legacy through their hard work and sacrifice. It has taken over 25 years for me to interview, research, edit and write these histories and I have enjoyed each new story and marveled at the sometimes miraculous events that have put them in my hands. I am also very grateful to those before me who have recorded histories and done research as my work relied heavily on many other authors and records.
This painting is called "Looking Back" I haven't been able to name the artist, it is the cover picture I chose for my books (this isn't a commercial publication it's just for my family and the church archives)
I feel a great sense of satisfaction knowing the main part is finished and everything else is frosting on the cake.
Now on to my husbands family!

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

Hello, Darling Sis,

What a lovely post. My Aunt Tilly (of whom I speak in my card blog), also did a book for the family--with our lineage--I am going to try to find it! An aunt on Dad's side did the same with his family.

What an amazing endeavor you have done! ((hugs))

Both Dad and Mom slept through the night last night. No nightmares or flashbacks for Dad. I'm so grateful they are getting better.