Had I been born 150 years ago...and wanted my portrait painted I think I would call Sophie Anderson. Sophie had a way of capturing the underlying beauty in even a plain subject. Her portraits are gentle and graceful and feminine. Just beautiful Sophie.
Thanks for asking Sweet Sissy--we filled out our census form and sent it off two weeks ago--it's that danged American Community Survey that's trying to strong-arm us into telling them if we have flushing toilets, or every single source of income--down to the penny.
Not to mention detailing if I or others in my home are deaf, blind or have some other kind of mental emotional or physical disability--I can't believe they'd even ask questions like that...I could get going on this...
Alan was looking at the actual ACS survey--and he figured it up. It's not 42 questions to be answered. Nope. For up to five people (never mind the sub questions) you'd have to fill out 272 questions...and for a couple like us, we'd have had to fill out 121 questions.
We're expecting a field rep from them any day--they wrote a letter that says if we don't send the American Community Survey back "another attempt will be made to contact us and conduct the survey in person."
Heh heh heh--we're ready for 'em. I shall be kind but shall stand my ground. Alan is backing me 100 percent.
I'll let you know what happens!!!
By the way--I LOVE the music on your page. It's just lovely--we have the same taste in music. (grin)
3 comments:
What beautiful art. She did seem to capture the sweet heart of her subjects!
How are you SissyDea? I've missed you.
If you had been born 150 years ago, well, sniff, I would have admired your whimsical Sophie portrait ... but I would have missed your reality!!!
Thanks for asking Sweet Sissy--we filled out our census form and sent it off two weeks ago--it's that danged American Community Survey that's trying to strong-arm us into telling them if we have flushing toilets, or every single source of income--down to the penny.
Not to mention detailing if I or others in my home are deaf, blind or have some other kind of mental emotional or physical disability--I can't believe they'd even ask questions like that...I could get going on this...
Alan was looking at the actual ACS survey--and he figured it up. It's not 42 questions to be answered. Nope. For up to five people (never mind the sub questions) you'd have to fill out 272 questions...and for a couple like us, we'd have had to fill out 121 questions.
We're expecting a field rep from them any day--they wrote a letter that says if we don't send the American Community Survey back "another attempt will be made to contact us and conduct the survey in person."
Heh heh heh--we're ready for 'em. I shall be kind but shall stand my ground. Alan is backing me 100 percent.
I'll let you know what happens!!!
By the way--I LOVE the music on your page. It's just lovely--we have the same taste in music. (grin)
Post a Comment