Wednesday, March 4, 2009


The gauntlet was thrown and a challenge delivered to sally forth in search of an unheralded face, and heart and capture it on film for all the world to see. And I being the cheeky wench that I am, did whine and stamp my feet until I was also invited to take part. So armed with my trustie Kodak Brownie Camera, I sallied forth and behold not 3 feet outside my back door, I spied a spot. But nay not just a spot it was a heart and then nay not just a heart but a face also, and of Abraham Lincoln to be precise. "But" said I this was no challenge I must prove myself worthy, I must go amongst the wild beasties with large pointy teeth.

And life being what it is, sometimes we go in search of one thing and find something else entirely, Although it does have two cheeks. But wait what is this....

....a small heart, is it true that size does not matter?


And then looking up I see a face in the heavens and I hope that you can discern it too because, knave that I am I accidentally deleted the enhanced version, and this one has about 5 pixels per inch.

I returneth to my keep, satisfied that I had met thy challenge. Taking one more look before closing the drawbridge when low and behold on the side of yon mountain a heart of monumental proportions that could only have been carved by a dragon.
Alas my next quest, sally forth and find the dragon.





2 comments:

Clytie said...

Well met!!! I am heartily impressed and moved to tears! All the while laughing wholeheartedly whilst my family makes arrangements at yonder mental facility for my immediate care.
You may rest well upon your laurels, and join the club of most supreme wenchdomness and thou art welcome in joining this most sacred circle. **The heart of the mountain, by the way, is Awe inspiring! Thank you for finding and sharing it.** You made me cry.

Beth Niquette said...

My goodness!!!!! Thou art amazing! Thusly I am in agreement with mine Sissy, that you must join our sacred circle of supreme wenchedness.

Thou art supremely talented, doest thou knowest this? Here is a hug for thee today.

((((hugs))))