Wednesday, March 25, 2009




Okay sisters of my heart. These three gorgeous paintings are all entitled "Clytie" I'm sure you already know that not only is she a great photographer of hearts, she was also a water nymph in Greek Mythology that fell in love with the sun god Apollo. Sad story but the illustrations are wonderful. (I just love the sunflowers in the top painting.)
Sorry Beth, I googled Beth & Deann and all that came up was a bunch of funny looking girls named Beth & Deann, I'm jealous. :-)

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Gee I really wish I looked that good naked! Yes I've heard about that little nymphette! The story is sad, but I kinda like being a "follower of the sun"!

JANN said...

I love these paintings especially the last one. You know me, I love the unique & unsual. Hope things are sunny side up today Deann. Can I ever tell you too much how I cherish your friendship ?? I think not....
have a great day my friend xoxoxo

Beth Niquette said...

What gorgeous pictures! The glorious thing about the story is that the gods took pity upon her and changed her into a sunflower where she could grow and follow the love of her life throughout the day. If you notice, the sunflower always faces the sun.

Clytie was named in real life, after a character in a wonderful old book written around the turn of the century. I was named after Beth in little women. A wonderful book, except Beth died a little early. Tch tch tch!

(grin)