Thursday, December 3, 2009

THE WARMTH OF DECEMBER...


Feel the warmth of December
In the candles on the mantle
From the glow of the Yule log
From the lights on the tree
In the eyes of the givers
In the smiles of the children
Feel the joy of the season
Feel it shine all around us
It’s the gift of our Savior
For the hearts that believe.

DSW 09

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

I remember...

My brothers and sisters and I lying underneath the tree looking upward through the branches. It was so beautiful--this illustration is exactly how I felt.

Once we were on our way out for school. We had to leave VERY early in the morning--and it was still dark outside. I remember Dow, Clytie, Mark and I standing in this bubble of silence near the Christmas tree. The beauty of the season held us gently there in its warmth.

Ah...memories. Well, I'm wiping a few tears away--I do miss those days.