Thursday, January 28, 2010

TO FOLLOW YOUR STAR...

art by Magnaldo
~
Wise men will tell you to follow your star
where ever it leads you no matter how far,
down highways and by way, along distant shores,
climb all the mountains, breech all the doors.

Sparkling bright in an indigo sky
Billions of stars stand patiently by
Waiting to show you which way to go
How do you ever know which star is yours
~
DSW 10

3 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

You know what, my darling Sissy? I needed to read that today. ((hugs)) You are such a sweetheart! Have a marvelous day!

Clytie said...

Absolutely beautiful - both the picture and the poem.

Which star is yours? Why, my friend, they are ALL yours!!!

Beth Niquette said...

I forgot to tell you--I have a memory from when I was a little girl. I don't know if it is a dream I had, or a true memory...

I was around five. It was stormy overhead--dark clouds. They seemed quite low. I was walking through the long tall grass--it seemed like they were the golden color of harvest.

Then the clouds open up and I see a patch of sunshine in the grass--I chase it to get into the light. I run along in the little spot of sunshine, until I cannot keep up and it disappears into the canyon.

In my minds eye I can see blonde curls bouncing my face laughing as I ran to keep up with that bright bit of sunshine.

Hmmm....