To the one at the back of the empty bus.
To the ones who name each piece of stained glass projected on a white wall.
To anyone convinced that a monologue is a conversation with the past.
To the one who loses with the deck he marked.
To those who are destined to inherit the meek.
To us.
~
by DIONISIO MARTINEZ
3 comments:
YES! To the ones who lose at Solitaire!
Yes, I am so happy that darn spider was not here. My cat loves your fish!
I think she thinks she killed that spider!
What a thoughtful poem. I love how you combine things on your blog. It is good to be home.
I know what it is like to be the one that's left out. I was at the bottom of the heap at school clear through seventh grade until they stuck all the popular smart kids into another combined grade class, and left the rest of us together. Eighth grade was a wonderful year.
(grin) It was nice that people didn't make fun of me that year.
Post a Comment