Friday, February 20, 2009

"But I don't want to go among mad people" Alice Remarked. "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat, "we're all mad here, I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Have I mentioned my inexplicable fascination with the Cheshire Cat? There are days when he starts to make perfect sense to me, scary huh. Like the quote above, some days I feel that way about the whole world. And when he disappears except for his smile. I have often found myself in a group of people, smiling, as my real self disappeared and all that was left was my smile. Can anyone else understand that?
My favorite scene in Disney's Alice in Wonderland the Cheshire Cat says "Can you stand on your head?" as he removes his head and stands on it. The Cheshire Cat he just makes me smile.

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

You know what's really funny about that? When I was in High School, my nickname was "Cheshire." (Grin) Because of my big grin. (grin)