Just a word at the close of the day. About a the people I am descended from for the most part. I love the whimsy, the enchantment, the magic that is Ireland. I love the humor and the wee idiosyncrasy's of the Irish people. But I also want to pause and remember the privation and hardships they have suffered through history especially the women, and celebrate their stubborn will to make better lives for themselves and their families the pride they have in their heritage. I celebrate every drop of Irish blood that is me…Aye even if it means I’m totally whacked most of the time.
2 comments:
Amen, and amen! We have Irish blood, which is where we received the "gift of fey." (Grin) I am sure we must be related, dear Deann.
You are so much like my sissy and me, it is...amazing. ((hugs))
The Irish are strong, intuitive and proud. And we all believe in Leprechauns. (Grin)
PS Aye, and we share the same sense of humor!!! Not only that--we be stubborn and we get things done. Not to mention our wee sense of humor, eh?
Post a Comment