" When we look at a statue of someone great,we think they've got something we don't,
We are trained to think that only a tiny
percentage of us have the stuff it takes to be a hero.
Not many of us will cure any diseases or slay any dragons,
but every single one of us,
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US,
is called to be a king, a queen, a hero in our ordinary lives.
We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life,
we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own."
from a Timberline Ad
3 comments:
Ditto what Nina P said!
We may not think we are heroes, but there are lots of people in our lives who would beg to differ!
How true. At times we look with awe at those “greats” that live on in sculpted time. Yet each one was once a newborn child looking to his mother for nourishment and comfort. Each one crawled into a fathers lap to sleep. Each one learned to walk and scraped a few knees along the way. Each one laughed, cried, played, argued, and loved. Each one sat there at one time and said “boy, how did I get here?” . Each mortal soul has the potential to be Great! Each soul has a specific place in the puzzle of life. Fitting perfectly into their story in life. Thank you for sharing this. We, each and every one of us, are filled with Greatness. It is up to us to sculpt our legacy. What mark we choose to leave is up to us. I choose: Love, Hope, Peace, Laughter, Joy and a Spirit of Faith of an eternal Glory yet to unfold. I try to sculpt all of these, a physical statue is not my intent, but if I leave a smile, a sense of hope, of love, of forgiveness in even just one person, I’ve left statue enough to last a lifetime. May you keep sculpting your love and grace around. I do so love your blog.
Love and Light, Nina P.
Post a Comment