Friday, February 13, 2009

Stephen Hansen
Simon Boses

The Painted Garden is my place to enjoy and share the things I love. Art, Music, Poetry, Quotes & most of all Friends. It is a place where I like to celebrate diversity which is something I also love.
The Slide show above is an example, everyone of the twenty pictures is titled "Birds of A Feather" yet every picture is unique. I celebrate that no two people see things the same, I like to know were you're coming from and how you see things because it creates understanding, and that's a good thing.
Thank you for visiting my blog, I would enjoy any thoughts, incites or advice you would like to share, or answer any questions you might have.




Birds of a Feather

My eggs are all hatched
the babies have flown,
now to create
a dream of my own.

Seeking new a song
birds of a feather
free of the nest
we all struggle together.

On crape paper wings
we take to the air
strength from our friends
in kind words they share.

Seeking new a song
birds of a feather
lifting each other
we can all soar together.
DSW 09



I'll lift thee, and you lift me, and we will rise together.


Swedish proverb



















11 comments:

Christy said...

Love your collection of 'birds of a feather' art. Happy Valentine's Day!

Lisa said...

What a beautifully creative and unique post! Thank you!

Shell said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Annie. I enjoyed the pictures of all the birds. It is a beautiful that we are beautiful yet different.

Sarah Whitmire said...

Happy Valentine's day!

*SOUL HUGS*

Sarah

Lady North said...

Oh how wonderful: a swedish proverb that I can add to my collection (My grandfather was swedish) Thank you.. and I love love the image of the woman's hair forming the heart! Bless you for your creativity! Happy Valentine's Day!
Blessings LN

Kathryn Costa said...

What a delightful slideshow - I love how it takes a theme and shows such variety. I learn from everyone I meet. I love that we all have different perspectives and styles but underlying it all is the desire to love and be loved.

Thanks for coming out to play today.

Happy Valentine's Day
{soul hugs}
k

Sandy said...

Love the art! The seagulls sing to my soul! Thank you for sharing the beauty of your work and your words. Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Love the angel art - Happy Valentines Day!

Thauna said...

I love your slideshow...so many beautiful pictures! Happy Valentine's Day! Your blog is wonderful!

Dawn said...

Happy Valentines Day... I enjoyed my visit here, Best Wishes!

Judy H said...

Love the pictures you found. I agree, it is always interesting to see how different people take a look at the same subject.