Sunday, June 14, 2009

GOD BLESS OLD GLORY....

Happy Flag Day to the beautiful icon of our freedom. What joy fills my heart when ever I see this proud and unique emblem of our country waving in the wind. I thank God everyday for the privilege of calling this, my symbol of home.

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Every morning, on every military post around the world, the flag is carried out to the flagpole by a color guard, while Reveille (Army plays this, don't know about other services) is played. The entire military post stops as "the colors" pass by and are raised. Hundreds of military personnel and civilians standing still, saluting or hands placed over hearts, is a sight to be seen. The reverse is done during Retreat as the flag is taken down, folded and put away. No matter how many times I saw this sight during my years as a military spouse, I never once failed to be thrilled and proud. Happy Flag Day!!!

Beth Niquette said...

Wow...WOW! I'd never heard about that, Clytie! My goodness--you and Deann made me cry just now. How beautiful.

Nina said...

God Bless America! The flag is a symbol, a cloak of Strength, Honor and Pride. My heart fills with pride knowing she still flies proud and free. Thank you for posting her so proudly. Love and Light, Nina P.