Friday, April 24, 2009


A couple of weeks ago I was reading a post on Beth's blog "The Best Hearts are Crunchy" she had posted a card that reminded her of a fairytale by the Brother's Grimm called "Snow White & Rose Red". This was one of my very favorite stories as a little girl, and I always looked for it in storybook collections and could never find it.

Well I decided to look for it as a single book and sure enough there were several versions on Amazon.com. It arrived today along with a Cauldacott Award winning version of "Rapunzel" another favorite. They are delightful and I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. I am excited to be able to share stories I loved with my granddaughters.

Now I have a question for you all my lovely blog friends and neighbors;
What is your favorite fairytale story from your childhood???

2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, Deann! I'm SO glad for you!!! I love fairytales. I collect fairytale books. One of my favorite fairytale stories was called "The Pink." Another I loved was the Swan Princess, who had to knit nettles into sweaters in order to break an enchantment put onto her brothers turning them into swans.

All fairytales have a bit of magic about them. Some of them, however can be quite, er, gruesome! Recently I bought a book of old Grimms Brother fairytales, and egad! There's hardly a happy ending in the lot! But VERY interesting to read.

(grin) I'm so glad you found that book, Deann! ((hugs))

JANN said...

Cinderella
A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true.............................. Fairy Godmother
Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
It'll do magic believe it or not
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Salagadoola means mechicka booleroo
But the thingmabob that does the job is
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Salagadoola menchicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got
bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi-boo........................ Mice
Cinderella, Cinderella
All I hear is Cinderella, from the moment I get up
till shades of night are falling
There isn't any letup, I hear them calling, calling
"Go up and do the attic and go down and do the cellar, you can do them
both together
Cinderella."

How lovely it would be
if I could live in my fantasy
But in the middle of my dreaming
they're screaming
at me
Cinderella........................ Cinderella
So this is love, Mmmmmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow, Mmmmmm
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine

My heart has wings, Mmmmmm
And I can fly
I'll touch ev'ry star in the sky
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of
Mmmmmm
Mmmmmm
So this is love!!!

Can you guess mine ????