I found this little treasure today while going through a box of my Dad's saved things. It belonged to his mother, my Grandma Hilda, and is about one hundred years old. It is extra special because my Grandma wrote in pencil on the hats, her name on the girl in red and her sisters name on the girl in yellow. My Grandma Hilda and her sister Laura were born 14 months apart they were best friends and very close throughout their long lives. Helping each other through the hard times and celebrating the good times. I have many happy memories of both of them. I am thrilled to have this reminder of them.
3 comments:
What a very special, very beautiful, very cherished keepsake. I'm so glad you found it!
Here's to sisters and best friends everywhere!
Ooh, Deann, what a wonderful keepsake! Today I was routing around in our attic, and along with many precious cards from my Sissy, I found a gift of a postcard that's over 100 years old. It belonged to my Grandfather's cousin Milly--whom he deeply loved.
I'll be posting that tomorrow...in the meantime, this amazing little postcard fills my eyes and delights my heart.
I have been out of the link for a couple of weeks and have been getting caught up on your blog. I have been especially impressed with your feelings and thoughts about your dad and I know how desperately you miss him and I know you think about him everyday. It can be very hard and also exciting to go through their belongings. I also found treasures when going through my parents things and also my in-laws posessions as well. Treasure the moments! I have been thinking about you and your sweet mother and hope you are coping well.
Love,
Becky
Post a Comment