Thursday, April 2, 2009

My dear old Dad lost his fight for life today, and slipped quietly away while I watched at his side. It was a very loving, peaceful and spiritual experience.
He was a gifted, and proud man with great wit and a wonderful sense of humor. He created a legacy that will provide for his family for generations to come. He was the founder of our feast. I will miss him dearly, but I am glad his suffering is over.
My friends thank you for your kind thoughts and loving support, I will return to terrorize your comment boxes in a while. In the mean time talk amongst yourselves.

5 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

My dear Sis--my heart weeps with yours. Ah, your heart must be breaking. You must already miss him so much. You are so dear, and I'm sure he loves you very very much.

I will be praying for you and your precious family. ((hugs))

JANN said...

Oh my gosh Deann, I am so sorry to read this.
Tears are finding there way to my eyes as I write this because I know how much saddness and sorrow has come apon you suddenly. I am so sorry your handsome beautiful father has died.
I know this pain , going through how much you are already missing this dear man. At times like these any condolence words just don't convey enough sympathy I feel for you and your family. Please just know I am so sorry he has passed on but you & I both know he has passed on over to the greatest place there is for us believers. You know he isn't suffering anymore and just imagine how joyous he must be now in the kingdom of God. If there is any way I can offer my help, don't hesitate to ask me. In christian love, you WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS ALSO....
jann

GOD'S FINGER TOUCHED HIM
AND HE SLEPT. SHORT IS LIFE
BUT LOVE IS LONG.

Clytie said...

Love and Peace to you, dear Deann, and your family. A time of sorrow and rejoicing.

Anonymous said...

Boyd and I are so sorry for your loss. Sometimes these things happen so quickly and so unexpectedly. We know how difficult it is to lose a parent. Somehow through our faith and our gift of eternal families we find the strength to get through these difficult times. We want you to know how much we care for you and your sweet family and especially your mother. We send our sympathy and love to you and your family.

Beth Niquette said...

Dearest Deann, I have created something for you, which I am posting today. I wanted to express how much I care, dear friend.

((hugs))

All my love and sympathy,
Beth